Sunday, October 5, 2008

Tursunov wins Open de Moselle in France

METZ, France (AP) -Dmitry Tursunov of Russia won the Open de Moselle by beating Paul-Henri Mathieu 7-6 (6), 1-6, 6-4 Sunday in the final.

Tursunov rallied after winning just one game in the second set.

"In the second set he had a lot of chances to attack my second serve, and he was successful in doing that,'' the fifth-seeded Tursunov said. "As I was two breaks down, Paul-Henri was playing with a lot of confidence.


"I can't say that I was better than him. He could have broken me as well in the third set.''

Mathieu said he couldn't accomplish much in the last set.

"He broke me and I couldn't break him, which cost me the match,'' the Frenchman said. "It's tough to lose a match like that. I think that I have to improve two or three things.''




Maniche Suffers Back Injury
Tursunov advances to Open de Moselle semifinals
Forlán Returns To Recover In Madrid